Which most closely describes you?

Friday, January 15, 2010

New Years Eve Buffet

I bought a house last summer and still hadn’t gotten around to doing the housewarming thing so I decided to host a NYE party, starring, of course, an obscene amount of food. My guests were not vegan so I tried to keep things safe and simple. Here are a few of the dishes that were on my buffet:


Fruit n Nut Couscous:
Couscous was cooked with a blend of juices and water, and tossed with chopped nuts and dried fruit, and spices. Sorry, secret recipe for now :)

Dilly Waldorf Salad on Red Endive:
Salad was made with finely chopped apple, fennel, celery, toasted walnuts, vegan mayo, lemon juice, loads of fresh dill, salt and pepper.





Guacamole with Toasted Tortilla:
Easy guacamole: avocado, chopped tomato, minced (seeded) jalapeno pepper, fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, garlic, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper. Tortilla was cut into wedges and tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili power, salt and pepper and baked in the oven for about 15 minutes.




Potato Wedges with Garlic Dip: Sorry friends, this one is a secret recipe for now.




Sober Upper Toasters! Curried Cauliflower Soup with Red Pepper Drizzle:
See recipe below. If you’re wondering why these look a bit messy, it was after midnight, and I have terrible fine motor skills to begin with, so my hands weren't so steady at this point, wink.




1 comment:

  1. I`m so jealous! You had an amazing New Year`s dinner!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete