Which most closely describes you?

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fancy Friday Finger Food


Do you ever get that urge to wrap your food? And each time, you try to be a little more clever about it? Well, this is hardly clever, but it tought it looked pretty darn cute. I was craving Tofurkey deli slices, but minus the bread (trying to shed my *ahem* winter coat). So instead, I wrapped them around something. I blanched then pan- fried some asparagus spears in olive oil, garlic, kosher salt and loads of rainbow cracked pepper, then wrapped them in deli slices and pan-fried again. Still hungry! Then I thought of my friend Meg - who once told me she loved to wrap kale around vege pate (she also gave me that cute little dish the food is on). I didn't have kale, so I used the last of my collard greens and rolled them with the pate and loads of fresh dill. Who knew un-fried-low-carb finger food could be this good.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this idea. i must try it and just to inform you that you are on my blogroll.

    http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete